What prompted me to write an article called Christian Food Activism: Yes, It’s a Thing? Well, first let’s consider this question: What is this concept, Christian Food Activism? I realized in my prayer time (thank you Holy Spirit) that this is the lovely, succinct word package that describes what Really Nourish is all about.
There was a time when I was shy about my Christianity, but the more I dug into the scriptures, the more I realized how vital it is to be unashamed of the gospel of peace (Romans 1:16) and how relevant the word of God is in the war for food sovereignty. Now the mission is clear. Have a peek at my Share the Mission page for a deeper look into this.
What Makes Christian Food Activism Unique and Necessary?
Lots of food activism is happening, and this is vital. But, as I discuss in my forthcoming book, Securing Our Birthright, Christians in general appear to be oblivious of the role they play. They personally contribute to both their own health issues and those of their families, and the global food sovereignty shift. All they need is the enlightenment through scripture to be #woke. In Hosea 4:6 Jehovah laments that His people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. He specifically spoke of their lack of knowledge of His word, and often we apply this to knowledge of this world. That isn’t completely off base, but indeed, we are witnessing the destruction of the body of Christ and the world at large for lack of knowledge of His word on food as a complex sociopolitical subject on both personal and international levels.
Why Not Just Food Activism? Why the Christian Focus?
Here are some reasons why the body of Christ is so potentially powerful:
- Numbers – no, not the book, the statistics. There are more than 2 billion Christians worldwide. That is more than 25% of the world’s current population. If every one of them could receive ministry in Christian Food Activism, everything would change. I believe if even 50% of Christians changed their food purchasing patterns based on biblical principles, it would reshape the entire world food economy within weeks.
- Evangelism – In our faith, each and every one of us is mandated to spread the gospel of peace. This way, our numbers should continue to grow exponentially. The bigger the body of Christ, the greater we can corporally impact the world food system.
- Unified Standards – We all read the same holy bible, and so we are all lead by the same scriptural truths. The goal of Really Nourish is to lay out those truths in a way that is hard to deny. More Christians get serious about involving God in this area of their lives means more security for our birthright – the food God gave us as His first love gift to mankind and the animal kingdom. That’s the goal!
The bible has a whole lot to say about all of the modern food crisis issues. Numerous scriptures, whether it’s cautionary proverbs about deception in food and over indulging, specific instructions pointing to the diet-health connection or prophecies about what is happening now, speak God’s word on this topic. The Christian community has not addressed this from that standpoint. This is the fire God has called me to ignite.
Christian Food Activism: Yes, It’s a Thing
So yes, Christian Food Activism is a thing. Now here’s a disturbing truth in two simple parts:
- Everyone who eats is in the war for food sovereignty worldwide.
- Depending on what food choices you make every time you eat, you are choosing which side of the cause you are on. There is NO MIDDLE GROUND.
Really Nourish will help you stand on the right side.
Peace and Blessings to you!