is our answer to the the proverbial New Yorker’s breakfast. We have eschewed that #BaconEggandCheeseonaRoll habit in favor of this variation, which is nutrient rich, toxin free, and absolutely scrumptious!!!
‘Cado & Pro-Ve-lone on a Sprouted Muffin:
We used these organic ingredients:
- 1/2 ripe Avocado
- 1/4 cup of Red Onion, diced
- 3 large pitted Green Olives, diced
- Fresh Basil leaves
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar
- Himalayan Sea Salt and Freshly Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- Follow Your Heart Vegan Provolone-style slices
- Food For Life Genesis 1:29 Sprouted English Muffins
Before we go on, let’s review that scripture, shall we?
29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant 🌽🌾 on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. 🍊🍎🍋They will be yours for food.
And just for good measure, let’s peep the next verse also:
30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.🌿🌱” And it was so.
I like to consider these verses while I’m shopping for food:
🌾Seed-bearing plant = grains, including nuts and seeds = the English Muffins, the vegan cheese is made largely of Coconut oil
🍋Tree with fruit with seed in it = the avocado, olives & olive oil, pepper (yes, that’s a fruit!), apple cider vinegar
🌿And to everything that has the breath of life in it – I give every green plant for food = the basil and the onions fit this description
💖Thank you God, You’re AWESOME!💖
The salt was the only thing that didn’t fit any of these, but the many positive references to salt in The Bible give me God’s go ahead on that – in moderation, of course.
So now this is what you do:
- Thaw and toast your muffin.
- Scoop out the Avocado in to a bowl and add the diced onions, olives, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Mash it all together using the back of a fork to break up the avocado well.
- Cut your muffin in half and put one slice of the vegan “cheese” on. A little drizzle of olive oil on top or a schmear of vegan butter underneath will help it melt under the top broiler the way the dairy stuff would.
- Put the avocado mix on, sandwich it up and dig in! Or wrap it up in foil and pop it into a sandwich bag to go!
And now you have a:
- Chemical and GMO-Free
- Low glycemic,
- Monsanto Boycott Friendly
- Easy to take along on your commute
Breakfast for you AND your children! 😊😊😊